For starters, the most important thing is to keep calm and make sure everyone involved is well.
Many people think they will never have an accident and that this situation is unlikely to happen to them. However, the average number of car accidents in the US is 6 million every year.
Therefore, it is best to prepare for such situation by following these simple recommendations from the Insurance Information Institute.
How to be prepared for a car accident?
• Keep important documents in your car: registration, proof of insurance and the name of your agent. It is also a good idea to bring relevant medical information such as allergies and the contact of your trusted doctor.
• Make sure your car is prepared for emergencies. Keep a flashlight, orange cones and emergency signage that can help prevent your loved ones and your vehicle from further damage after an accident.
• Make sure you have the right auto insurance to meet your needs. While an insurance policy does not replace health and safety, knowing that you will be covered in the event of an accident can reduce stress. In Valle Insurance, for example, you find the best coverage to be calm in the face of any accident.
In case of accident follow these steps:
1. Check if you are injured and check the welfare of other passengers. Go to a safe place and call 911 to ask for help if necessary.
2. Alert the police or highway patrol. If it is a serious accident, inform the police, especially if someone is injured. If necessary, the police will notify the nearest medical unit. Get the names and badge numbers of the officers at the scene and ask where you can get a copy of your accident report.
3. If there is another driver involved, exchange information and document the accident. Collect as much information as possible. Obtain the names and contact information of all persons involved in the accident, including witnesses.
4. Ask the other driver or drivers for a license, car registration and insurance identification card, obtain the makes and models of the cars involved.
5. Make a note of the accident location, time of day and weather conditions. Smartphones are a great way to record driver and car documentation (as well as accident details).
Call your insurance agent
It is important that you notify your insurer immediately, they will guide you to properly handle the situation. Do it as soon as possible: the longer you wait, the harder it will be to remember the details.
Remember that being insured gives you peace of mind during difficult times like a car accident. Become insured with Valle Insurance and drive protected wherever you go.
Visit our new office in Nampa and enjoy of all our services, 5680 E Franklin Rd. Suite 225 Nampa, ID 83687
www.myvallegroup.com or call us at 208-505-0108 and receive the advice of a true professional insurance team.
5680 E Franklin Rd, Suite 225 Nampa, ID 83687 | Office 208-505-0108